Diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (IN) requires a reassessment of lifestyles, being possible to lead a normal life following some previous advice:
- Follow a balanced diet, quality and natural.
- The practice of Desportes regular low intensity and, for short periods of time improves the physical condition of the patient, increase your muscle strength helping to improve spasticity, balance problems, bowel and bladder function, depression and, fadiga.
- Having a schedule with the tasks to be undertaken to avoid periods of heavy activity by establishing periods of rest between.
- For a healthy sex life is essential to an opening with your doctor asking all questions to best resolve, for example being the use of safe contraceptive both men in women.
- For women, pregnancy should be planned in a phase of stable disease in conjunction with your gynecologist and neurologist. At the time of delivery carrier is not a MS has to execpção additional side effect of increased muscle spasticity and, increased fatigue. Already in lactating women must manage the best way to feed your baby.
- If you go on holiday, must consciously plan your trip to these days, with rest periods, always next to you taking all medication, whether you are traveling by plane, train or car, bearing in mind that some countries require vaccination.
- Living with MS is not factor to stop working, however professional life may undergo some changes, depending on the symptoms presented by patients with MS. For example, may require more rest periods or, reduce working hours. Another relevant issue is the communication to the employer of this pathology. Since the symptoms are not visible, always be at the discretion of the patient this information, however it is always important to have the patient with someone who knows your medical history. Is important to maintain a good working relationship with the employer, together to find the best solution.